The increase of pricing in the Oahu housing market and lack of inventory has left some potential homebuyers renting instead of purchasing. As a result, these renters may not just be viewing Oahu
Landlords - 8 Amenities to Include in Your Rental Unit
Dated: November 9 2021
The increase of pricing in the Oahu housing market and lack of inventory has left some potential homebuyers renting instead of purchasing. As a result, these renters may not just be viewing Oahu rentals as just a temporary steppingstone to homeownership and expect their rentals to have nicer amenities than in previous decades.
If you’re a landlord, there are 8 amenities your Oahu rental should consider including:
1. Dishwasher – Rentals without dishwashers may experience more turnover than those that include one.
2. Washer and Dryer – With all the great space-saver appliances on the market, there is no excuse not to find room for a washer/dryer unit.
3. Alarm System – Security systems cost a few hundred dollars and can add value to your rental.
4. Pest Control, Gardener, Pool Service – Renters are looking for low-maintenance homes. Including these services in your rent also ensures your property stays in great condition.
5. Air conditioning – Homes with air conditioning always command higher rents than those without.
6. Private Parking – Whenever possible, make sure there is a designated parking spot for the renter.
7. Outdoor Space – While not always possible, when looking for new investment properties, opt for one with outdoor space.
8. Home Warranty – avoid unexpected repair costs by adding a home warranty to the property.
Oahu Rentals have become a necessary alternative to homeownership for some. These renters will pay top dollar for the best properties. Make sure your unit stands out by offering the amenities modern renters want.
Kasandra Shriver started her career in real estate 2012, and joined HomeQuest, Realtors LLC in 2014 where she is a Broker. Kasandra is both a homeowner and investment property owner and has the pro....
Latest Blog Posts
Lowest Mortgage Rates in History: What It Means for Homeowners and Buyers In July, the average 30-year fixed-rate mortgage fell below 3% for the first time in history.1 And while many
Property tax rates for 2020-2021 did not see much change. Owner occupied residental rates remained the same.Here is the table of Honolulu property tax rates for the fiscal year July 1 2020
Property tax in Hawaii is always an interesting subject. For starters, we are one of the only states that does not use property tax to pay for education. Long ago, the decision was made